Saturday 1 March 2014

Spring is in the air

Today is the first of March and the start of the meteorological spring.

It certainly lived up to it's name. I had an early start this morning and was out of the house at 7:15am. As I waited for my lift to arrive I was greeted by the sound of a couple of Skylarks singing away high up in the sky, giving me my 54th species of the year for the Patchwork Challenge. They were still singing late this afternoon.

This was followed by a nice sunrise and a glorious day of blue sky and sunshine and a gentle breeze.

There were two male Blackbirds chasing each other around the garden first thing and at lunchtime the Wren was spotted working its way along the low stone dyke in the garden.

After all the recent wind and rain a few more today's like today would be well received.

No comments:

Post a Comment